Learn how to cook salmon fillets and enjoy one of the most delicious and healthy foods around. The health benefits of salmon are amazing and contain important unsaturated fats and protein. When baked, broiled, seared or grilled, salmon is among the most heart-healthy of dishes and has a reported low mercury level and can be eaten up to 14 times per week. High in Omega 3 fatty acids and protein (4 oz serving contains 58% of daily intake requirements), Salmon is one of the best foods you can eat. As good as it is, some say salmon has a required taste and can be kind of strong. However, learning how to cook salmon can help you find that desired taste your looking for.
When I was following the Insanity workout schedule, I ate mostly chicken and Salmon due to the health and weightloss benefits. If you can do this, I highly recommend it to help drop the pounds and shed the fat.
Proper Temperature for Salmon
When cooking salmon, you need to ensure that you are following the safety guidelines and making sure you reach the proper temperature for salmon. When cooking salmon, you should insure that the internal temperature of salmon reaches 125 degrees Fahrenheit to ensure that your salmon is cooked fully but not overdone. This ensures you get the full flavor of the Salmon, but most importantly it ensures your safety due to the risks of eating some undercooked food.
Best Salmon Filet Recipes
The following Salmon Fillet Recipe is outstanding and the best I have ever had. I found the recipe at allrecipes.com and you can find lots more at the site.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon green onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 4 salmon steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a shallow glass baking dish, combine soy sauce, orange juice concentrate, oil, tomato sauce, lemon juice, mustard, green onion, garlic, and ginger. Place salmon in marinade, and turn to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Remove salmon from marinade. Pour marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 minute.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Brush or spray salmon with olive oil. Cook on grill for 5 to 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Turn salmon once, and brush with boiled marinade halfway through cooking time.
This should answer your question about how to cook salmon fillet and while the recipe seems like it could be difficult due to the number of ingredients, it is really simple and very delicious.
howtomatt on May 25th 2013